Antistatic foam

giovanni

Hey guys! Trying to get a bit more organized with my ICs, currently sitting in plastic tubes or on pieces of foam (that I got from the vendor) in various organizer bins. If I could just stick them to foam it would be much easier for me to organize them in the bins (and print labels etc) rather than what I do right now, which is half chaos. So I guess I just need to buy some antistatic foam right? I found a very high rated one on Bezos' marketplace but I was wondering what you guys use. Another question is whether we need to worry about using foam or not? My inclination is to be better safe than sorry, but what are your thoughts on the matter?

@bean did some searching on this a while back…

I've worked in a place where we weren't allowed to lay a sheet of paper on the same bench with any form of electronic component.
Did people’s lives depend on those components? I’d agree with that level of prophylaxis in automotive, aerospace, heavy industries… but for trinkets… seems overkill, like who stores their pedals in humidors?!

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Did people’s lives depend on those components? I’d agree with that level of prophylaxis in automotive, aerospace, heavy industries… but for trinkets… seems overkill, like who stores their pedals in humidors?!
A silicate pkg goes in every pedal. (y)

I couldn’t survive without my weekly dose of TL072s!!! And don’t get me started on the LM386, it saved my life! 😜

Back