any updates on power amp projects using the TPA3118?

zgrav

Anything close to being rolled out using the module? And any insight into what variations might be introduced?

I've been playing with these. They are a bit sensitive, but sound pretty clear. You need to use either an insulated 1/4" or (as I am) insulated speaker outs. I've connected it to an ailing Delta Blues 15" 16ohm, and it rocks. Pop a preamp or EQ in front of it and viola. I use a 20vMax drill battery to power it.

I too would love to use one of these modules for a pedalboard power amp. I'm a "paint by numbers" builder who has made dozens of pedals but would love to have a layout to follow and hopefully house in a 125-B enclosure.

Any thought to a higher power module for a bass amp? Does anyone have any experience on an inexpensive Class-D module for a project like this?

Thanks!

I've been playing with these. They are a bit sensitive, but sound pretty clear. You need to use either an insulated 1/4" or (as I am) insulated speaker outs. I've connected it to an ailing Delta Blues 15" 16ohm, and it rocks. Pop a preamp or EQ in front of it and viola. I use a 20vMax drill battery to power it.
There is/was a certain guitarist on roller skates in Venice Beach on the boardwalk that could use one of these battery powered guitar amps... I wonder if he's still around?

There is/was a certain guitarist on roller skates in Venice Beach on the boardwalk that could use one of these battery powered guitar amps... I wonder if he's still around?
I lived in Venice Beach as a kid in the early 90's and that describes like 38 people there I remember at least 🤣

I feel guilty. The passersby seem way more interesting.

Edit: Oh wait, he just busted out a nice! solo.

Edit2: Hey that's not a song...he's singing Wernstrom's diary!

Back