SOLVED Azure Dry Signal

scott3t

Pedal works both on and off but no chorus effect. LED lights up no effect dry signal.
SOLUTION...I found that I had overlooked a build note about the MN3207 requiring a different Diode (1N4743) for protection. I swapped it with a cool audio V3207 and Voila!

Attachments

• IMG_9114.jpg
    IMG_9114.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9115.jpg
    IMG_9115.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
At first glance, I can spot some suspicious solder joints (red), and a few probable shorts (green). I circled only a few exemples.

I wonder if you iron isn't a bit too hot. Is it around 400°C ? That's how I would explain the brownish stains around each pads. You are probably overheating the pcb, and burning the pcb's flux coating.

I would reflow all suspicious pads, so that the pad is filled with solder : not too little or too much, just enough. Your iron needs to touch and heat simultaneously the component's leg and the pad for 1 or 2 seconds, then you can put a little bit of solder to fill the pad.

Next, clean the tiny spaces between pads, moving quickly with your iron to avoid overheating the pcb. Remove all heat-sensitive components, such as transistors and IC. An old dry toothbrush can be useful to clean the board from all remaining solder bits. Good-and-Bad-solder-joints.png

With your digital multimeter (DMM) set on continuity test, following the schematics, you can make sure there is no connection between components that aren't supposed to be connected (shorts). Power supply unplugged and circuit unpowered, switched off.

IMG_9115.jpg

Last edited:
When you have addressed the issues mentioned in the replies, try carefully adjusting the trimmer to find the sweet spot where the chorus effect kicks in. You will find that it’s a narrow band where you get the effect and this may be why there’s signal in bypass and active. Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

When you have addressed the issues mentioned in the replies, try carefully adjusting the trimmer to find the sweet spot where the chorus effect kicks in. You will find that it’s a narrow band where you get the effect and this may be why there’s signal in bypass and active. Good luck, hope this helps a bit.
Thanks, Ill try that.

Back