Bellum Fuzz Mk 1 schematic

yeah planning on socketing a lot of caps, Moonn Electronics build doc has some suggestions for changing some of the values

Im building one of these for a buddy whenever the PCBs get here. Ive read some stuff about the cap values being different than the original/there are a million different versions of the original. Any tips for this build? Should I socket all the 680n’s?

Im building one of these for a buddy whenever the PCBs get here. Ive read some stuff about the cap values being different than the original/there are a million different versions of the original. Any tips for this build? Should I socket all the 680n’s?
I would. The Moonn Electronics build doc suggests 470n for them

The 680p in the tone stack also looks suspicious. I ran it through the tone stack calculator and it's a very strange tone control. I may adjust mine to give a lot less scoop. I actually used to have a V2 Fuzz War but got rid of it because I hated the tone control, I think this had something to do with it

I would. The Moonn Electronics build doc suggests 470n for them

The 680p in the tone stack also looks suspicious. I ran it through the tone stack calculator and it's a very strange tone control. I may adjust mine to give a lot less scoop. I actually used to have a V2 Fuzz War but got rid of it because I hated the tone control, I think this had something to do with it
Appreciate the input! I think I'm going to socket that 680p then as well. Sounds like a pretty cool pedal, I hope I can get it close to the demos for him.

I've found the 680n/470n debate moot. It makes little, if any difference. The 680p in the tone stack is probably the one that makes the most difference, I've found 100n to be just about right, and sounds most like the original.

Just go for the mk II xD I built the 2 versions... The version one as got the same jank as all the other DBA reverse transistors design ( interstellar, fuzz gun etc.). You'll probably waist a bunch of time trying out different caps and transistors xD never really knowing what sounds more like a original. If you're gonna build it anyway, focus on the tone cap ( I found 100n sounded pretty good, but that 680p just don't work xD) but the others just use 470n xD I even saw other builds with 100n ones too xD it Barely makes a difference. Transistor gain choice had way more of a impact in my case, try 3904, 5088, or 5089 .

Or...

Just build a MK II ... A Big muff variant so it works every time :p

Back