Bilateral Fuzz (War Sythe)

Crash102

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
The fourth pedal in what I’ve affectionally started calling ‘The Twelve Builds of Christmas’.

This was a fun one. But I did nearly have a minor heart attack when I plugged it in and the right side and octave werent working at all. The LED just stayed on on the right side fuzz, and the octave led was partially dim when off and all on when on. The left side worked as long as the other two were off. So given that I knew it was passing sound. I figured I’d start with foot switches.

I got out a flashlight and magnifying glass and found a rogue strand of wire on the foot switch of the octave switch causing the short. Having fixed that, I figured the foot switch was the cause of problem on the right, and simply switched out the foot switch and it solved the problem.

I love building in 1590xx, but the problem is I keep building things I absolutely love and I’m not sure which two pedals are getting the boot from my board. This thing sounds amazing. It’s probably time for me to get a whole new pedal board so that I can have a dirt board and an effects loop board.

Decal was designed in Inkscape and applied via no film sunnyscopa decal paper which continues to be my decal of choice.

All in all, I highly recommend this pcb.

74967B0B-2CF8-4059-BCB2-009399DD02FF.jpeg 278829C7-3C09-42F6-8BA9-91A2FA1586F3.jpeg AE8F931A-F6C6-4578-A07E-8961FC72AD5B.jpeg

I'm getting ready to tackle one of these myself! Love the enclosure!
It sounds so good. A year ago, I wasn't a fuzz guy, now I have a Marigold fuzz, the Hizmatas Fuzz, a Black ash, a bumble fuzz, and this thing. And I'm not sure which if my favorite. I tend to lean to the Marigold, but this one is a lot of fun.

Back