Binaura Stereo FV-1

Yes, I’m keen to get my hands on this and start learning to program the FV-1.
Sean Costello’s talks on YouTube about reverb topologies are fascinating and worth watching if you haven’t checked them out already.
Interesting! I’ll have to check those videos out.

If you want to start learning fv-1 programming, I highly recommend pedal-pcb’s fv-1 dev board project. You can flash code and play it all in one pedal. While the dev board is mono, you can write and flash code for stereo once the binaura does become available.

It could be done but the Binaura has no toggle switches for head selection, although the mode rotary switch could be used to select between a few different combinations...

Will the board use the stereo in and out pins on the FV-1? Is there an option to put the wet signal on one output and the dry signal on the other?

The board is full stereo in/out, but that will depend on the algorithm. (Some could be mono in, stereo out)

By default the Mix potentiometer is a dual-ganged potentiometer that affects both channels simultaneously, but for my prototype build I wired in two separate pots for individual control over each side. This would allow a wet/dry stereo output.

Put me down as interested. Was looking at a Source Audio Ventris. Bit pricey though. Really just want a decent stereo reverb to go after my HX Stomp to get some better reverb effect. This might do the trick.

What does the FV-1 reverbs sound like? Any good?

Put me down as interested. Was looking at a Source Audio Ventris. Bit pricey though. Really just want a decent stereo reverb to go after my HX Stomp to get some better reverb effect. This might do the trick.

What does the FV-1 reverbs sound like? Any good?
FV-1 verbs are pretty good, if not a bit rudimentary. FV-1 delays and mod effects generally outshine the reverbs imo, but the verbs can be perfectly good too— just a bit less exciting yk? There are a few Keeley verbs that use the FV-1 if you wanna check out some demos— I think the different “studio” verbs (Abbey Verb, Memphis Sun, Vibe o Verb, Gold Star) are all FV-1 based.

Noise and distortion are very low with the FV-1, especially compared to the PT2399. As for the reverb's tone, it's down to the algorithm used. The FV-1's built-in reverb algorithm is passable.

FV-1 verbs are pretty good, if not a bit rudimentary. FV-1 delays and mod effects generally outshine the reverbs imo, but the verbs can be perfectly good too— just a bit less exciting yk? There are a few Keeley verbs that use the FV-1 if you wanna check out some demos— I think the different “studio” verbs (Abbey Verb, Memphis Sun, Vibe o Verb, Gold Star) are all FV-1 based.
GFI system skylar is a stereo reverb pedal with 4 of their best reverb algos. I have the Specular Tempus which I absolutely love but it’s expensive and possibly overkill for your needs.

Keeley hydra is cool too

Hi! is it there a chance to include an external tap tempo somehow? I know the PCB is finished but there could be some way to incluide a tap tempo in the FV-1 algorithms so we can use a free pot pin to attach a switch...??

It’s fairly simple to mod these circuits to allow for tap tempo on one of the control inputs. There’s some schematic and info in my fv-1 dev board post. It takes some extra code work to format the ctrl input to read the footswitch fast enough for tap tempo sw. but now I’ve got it working very smoothly.

Back