Boss compresor?

Zylent

Hello i found and old CS3 in a store very cheap and IT WORKED, but it has very noise Buzz. I opened and everything seems ok, it has a lot of rusty metal, like jacks. What parts can i check if it has problems? the Wd40 is the same as Contact Cleaner? What can i use in rusty pots and jacks?

WD40 and contact cleaner are not the same at all, don’t use WD40 on your pedal. The noise is probably coming from old ceramic disk and electrolytic caps. Replace those while you’re in there.

I think its a "electric" buzz, i noticied that the LED its very low lighted, its kinda when you have 9v battery and its dying. That kind of light and that kind of "distorted" sound.

Those were made to use the ACA power supply, which puts out nearly 12 volts. It's stepped down in the pedal itself. You can test this out by simply installing a battery and unplug the power supply. If it sounds right, that's the problem. I'll dig around thru my stuff (I have a CS-3 I modded here somewhere) and show you the components to remove. Very easy fix.

Those were made to use the ACA power supply, which puts out nearly 12 volts. It's stepped down in the pedal itself. You can test this out by simply installing a battery and unplug the power supply. If it sounds right, that's the problem. I'll dig around thru my stuff (I have a CS-3 I modded here somewhere) and show you the components to remove. Very easy fix.
You were absolutle RIGHT! i put a 9v battery and the buzz dissapear. Still have very little "static" sound in the backgrund but i thinks its the Hum of the pickups...

Back
Top Bottom