Box66 won't work

Zaigah

Hello everyone, I just finished subscribing to the forum so I am a new member :]
My name is Lorenzo and I live in northern Italy, I'm 33 and I've always liked music since I was a kid, I play guitar, banjo and drums.

I just finished building the Box66 fuzz kit but it doesn't work at all.
No guitar sound bypassed and a VERY quiet sound plus hiss or hum when ingaged (ore the other way around for bypass/ingaged); LED doesn't turn on.
I'm using a brand new 9v battery.

I checked the wirings something like 15 times I guess and still can't find where's the fault.

I guess it could be some faulty component.

waiting for some of your precious advices!!
thanks a bunch everyone!
Bless

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpeg
    IMG_4522.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Your jack connections look right to me. Bad solder joints are always a possibility.

I wonder about that 1044 charge pump IC. I think the ones I’ve had usually had some part numbers printed on them, and yours looks blank. Doesn’t mean it’s bad, but could be something to check if you have a meter.

And to add my 2 cents:
if the jacks are wired correctly and you don't get a clean/bypass signal, something is up with the foot switch.

Try to re-flow pin 8 of the foot switch (maybe also others) and the connection from the foot switch board to the out jack might use some solder too (on the board side).

Last edited:
Back