Brown Betty

Finally have time to start working on some pedals. Here’s another Brown Betty. I got one hole off just a hair 🤬
Tidy Build !
Just a hair, If your OCD gets the better of you you can just use a round file on one side of the Hole & square it up!
Dont go to the extreme where the washer doesn't cover the hole.
I can guarentee it has been done heaps here before in secret!!!

Tidy Build !
Just a hair, If your OCD gets the better of you you can just use a round file on one side of the Hole & square it up!
Dont go to the extreme where the washer doesn't cover the hole.
I can guarentee it has been done heaps here before in secret!!!
Yep. It’s not nearly as close on those left two as it appears. The gut shot shows that better. I wasn’t straight up from the pedal when I snapped the pic. I’ve done a little filing as well. It’s always the spacing I have trouble with. The drill press fence is helpful to keep them in a line though.

I always drill a 2mm pilot hole first.
If it is off, you can offset it with a 4mm handheld drill and then finish with final drill size.

Evening gloves and gown on Miss Boop, very classy!

Instead of a rat-tail file, I use a reamer — knob's big enough to cover the faux-pas hole. Something like this:
c82dd8d3fa140d1a93c6dc05540df32e.jpg

Evening gloves and gown on Miss Boop, very classy!

Instead of a rat-tail file, I use a reamer — knob's big enough to cover the faux-pas hole. Something like this:
c82dd8d3fa140d1a93c6dc05540df32e.jpg
Yes, They are a handy tool but what if the hole is 2mm to the left of where it should be!

Only 2mm? Pffft!
At 2 CM, then I worry.

Here's my first ever pedal-build attempt, and a couple of "corrections" made in drilling:

img_1192-jpg.4098379

Was using a bigger knob than the 1900 shown upper left, so it didn't matter.
Not "something like this", but (found pic of my own reamer) THIS:

img_1159-jpg.4098378

Enclosure drilling... ahhh what reams may come!

4217779_orig.jpg

I don’t think I’ve ever built a pedal that didn’t have at least one cock-eyed knob. Drilling the enclosure gives me so much anxiety. I’ve been putting off finishing my Rainbow Machine build because there are just too many holes. I’d rather land a plane in the Hudson than drill enclosures…

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Back