Build Dump: Informant, Pipe Stretcher, et al. Check out these enclosures!

coltonius

Last night I dug out a few old builds for some glamour shots, mostly to show off the really cool enclosures from a few great people: Monarch Enclosures (on Etsy) and Gear Ant (gearant.com). So without further ado and no more delay...

Informant
I've built a whole fleet of these since the project was released because friends keep bumming my builds and I have to go back and start over! 😆 Anyway, this one's mine and I'm not giving it up any time soon.

Mods/Features:
- soft touch switching (PPCB Intelligent Relay Bypass)
- Monarch enclosure

IMG_1258.jpg IMG_1259.jpg

Pipe Stretcher
Curiosity got the better of me on this one. This was one of the best "risks" I've taken in terms of not knowing what I was getting myself into before building. I'm happy to say it paid off!

Mods/Features:
- Gear Ant enclosure

IMG_1260.jpg IMG_1261.jpg

Timmy / 808 2-in-1
Although this one isn't a PedalPCB project (or even PCB), it's the ultimate gain stage for a Marshall-style amp! Two classics here, just a stock TS808 with a clipping toggle (red LEDs) and a stock Timmy. Enclosure by Monarch Enclosures.

IMG_1256.jpg IMG_1257.jpg

Supro Amp Switch
Bonus! Still a pedal in the most literal sense of the word. I'm showing this one off, even though the guts are lackluster, because the enclosure is 100% awesome! Another Gear Ant masterpiece.

IMG_1262.jpg IMG_1263.jpg

Thanks for the view! I'm not affiliated with Monarch or Gear Ant, but they do great work and they're great people. Viva small businesses!

Last edited:
Nice work, those are nice enclosure indeed.

What’s the gooped stuff in the pipe stretcher?
That's just black hot glue - my attempt to protect the series resistors from grounding to the enclosure lid. I was rather in a hurry to try this one out and couldn't wait for an order with the correct value to arrive (also notice the mismatched, non-WIMA cap..)!

Absolutely love the Timmy / 808, and the art is spectacular!

Thanks for the sources, and for sharing!

Back