Caesar Chorus / Ocean Child

Knotty Pine

Hey gang! I have an unpopulated Caesar Chorus PCB and a couple of questions:

I only have A250K for the LAG pot, how will it affect the sweep?/should I just use a B250K pot?

Could I also substitute the 1N914 for a 1N4148?

the 1N4148 is a direct replacement for the 1N914, so no problems with that. The A250K is a different taper from the B250K. On the A250 the first 75% or so of the rotation will have a small affect on the sweep, but the last 25% or so will have a lot of effect. May make it harder to control, while the B250 will give you a linear control of the sweep across the entire range. Some people prefer the A taper pots, but with sweep I would stick with the B taper for the control aspect.

the 1N4148 is a direct replacement for the 1N914, so no problems with that. The A250K is a different taper from the B250K. On the A250 the first 75% or so of the rotation will have a small affect on the sweep, but the last 25% or so will have a lot of effect. May make it harder to control, while the B250 will give you a linear control of the sweep across the entire range. Some people prefer the A taper pots, but with sweep I would stick with the B taper for the control aspect.
Thank you very much!

This is a really nice sounding chorus. I originally thought "meh..." when I heard the demos but I also knew Bugg was pretty stoked about this one so gave it a shot. Capable of ultra subtle to "I'm gonna puke". More range than the CE-2 it's based on.

This is a really nice sounding chorus. I originally thought "meh..." when I heard the demos but I also knew Bugg was pretty stoked about this one so gave it a shot. Capable of ultra subtle to "I'm gonna puke". More range than the CE-2 it's based on.
Dig it. My gold standard has always been the Roland/Boss Chorus sound!

Back