Caesar Chorus / Walrus Audio Julia PCB359

scheffehcs

Built this one a few weeks ago but it didn’t work - there’s was no modulation going on, and the LED wasn’t pulsing either. I could kind of hear some modulation when moving the knobs around. So last night I went back and reflowed some subpar solder joints - and now it works! One other note - I noticed that when the blend knob was fully clockwise / fully wet, there was a noticeable volume drop. Tweaking the trimpot fixed it.

Otherwise, I’m pretty happy with the sound of this pedal, the lag and blend knobs give quite a bit of variation beyond standard chorus sounds, which also sound great. Love it!

I love how everything is slightly crooked.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."
William Blake

How did you do the lettering?

Nice build.
Nice Blake quote.
Nice “found” poem created by comments.

You have me beat most of what I say is meaningless.
100% of what I say is meaningless. The other half is absurd.

Well done!

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."
William Blake

How did you do the lettering?

Metal stamp set with hammer and anvil, then filled in with a paint pen. Bit risky because it sometimes just chips away powder coating - if that happens I usually just sand off the top! Seems like only blue enclosures don't chip..

I was gonna ask you about the powder coating. I really like the metal stamp style, I might give it a try. Very cool work!

Back