Caesar Chorus

I watched a demo of this pedal to get an idea of how it should sound. Yeah mine does none of those sounds. Back to the drawing board.

How did you set the trimpot?

You adjust for maximum chorus effect without distortion. If you don't hear a chorus effect you can't really determine that the trimpot is adjusted properly.

Turn Depth to Maximum.

Start with the trimpot at full CCW, then slowly turn it up until you hear chorusing. There may be a very narrow portion of rotation where you hear the effect. Once you find the range where you hear chorusing gradually tweak until you get the maximum effect without distortion.

It can be very touchy and is easy to under/over shoot the sweet spot.

I barely hear any chorusing at all. Even with all knobs maxed. I’m putting a copy of my voltages on here. On the ICs and the Trannies. Don’t judge my writing it’s not that great. The oscillator light flashes when the knob is turned up or down. Not sure if the leds are supposed to be on but they are not. I didn’t have red, I used blue. The dry wet knob does work. You can hear it turn up and down but there isn’t any effect.

You adjust for maximum chorus effect without distortion. If you don't hear a chorus effect you can't really determine that the trimpot is adjusted properly.

Turn Depth to Maximum.

Start with the trimpot at full CCW, then slowly turn it up until you hear chorusing. There may be a very narrow portion of rotation where you hear the effect. Once you find the range where you hear chorusing gradually tweak until you get the maximum effect without distortion.

It can be very touchy and is easy to under/over shoot the sweet spot

Turn Depth to Maximum.

It can be very touchy and is easy to under/over shoot the sweet spot.
What I’m saying is I set the depth to max and did what the instructions said. Depth to max and turning the pot left to right doesn’t change anything. You can tell there is a very slight chorus sound but it doesn’t get more or less turning the pot. Sorry if I’m not explaining myself correctly

It appears that pin 5 on the 3102 feeds into q4. I have no voltage at 5 but I have 8 bolts on pin 6 which doesn’t show it connects to anything.

Back