Carbon Black

What value pots are you supposed to use, I’ve got my board ready and my enclosure drilled but there’s still no build doc up yet

What value pots are you supposed to use, I’ve got my board ready and my enclosure drilled but there’s still no build doc up yet

If I was at home I could tell you, but I just got to work so I’m a ways off from being able to answer that...someone else can chime in hopefully!

I built mine with the bias control as an external pot; the sweep is actually pretty subtle and I keep meaning to swap out a different value to see if it can go into gated/zippery territory.

You mean trim to 4.5V between q3 collector and ground?
Unless otherwise specified, all voltage measurements are with respect to ground.

I built mine with the bias control as an external pot; the sweep is actually pretty subtle and I keep meaning to swap out a different value to see if it can go into gated/zippery territory.

Making the BIAS pot larger will do it, try B25K. If that doesn't quite get you there, try lowering the 46K/47K resistor to 33K. The values you need for the collector resistors depend on Q2 & Q3's hFE (mostly Q2).

Back