Celestial Drive

jjjimi84

You all are out here posting builds from 2022.... Well here I am throwing out a build from 2018, that is right took me four years to get around to demo this bitch. DMB Stellar Drive aka the Celestial Drive aka my faux Warren Haynes tone in a box. I absolutely love this little box and plan to make more videos featuring some of my favorite lesser known drives from the extremely large selection available here. Hope you all enjoy!

JLX34wi.jpg

UlRjCBT.jpg

Oh and I just want to point out the following flaws!

White washer, oh yeah.
Crooked board, absolutley.
Drilled to scale at 95%, yup most of my early PedalPCB build were.
DOES IT STILL SOUND GOOD AND DO I GIVE TWO FUCKS, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

EAT MY BALLS BUCKY!

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

J/K Chris you know I love the @thewintersoldier

@jjjimi84 - that's all kinds of awesome! +1 for a great looking build, +1 for the killer demo, and +1 for Warren Haynes & the Mule licks!

Here I was hoping to take break from building overdrives!

@jjjimi84 - that's all kinds of awesome! +1 for a great looking build, +1 for the killer demo, and +1 for Warren Haynes & the Mule licks!

Here I was hoping to take break from building overdrives!
I am glad you like it! Gov’t Mules Life Before Insanity is my all time favorite album. This video was originally going to be about the drive and some warren isms i have stolen along the way but i am going to leave lesson videos to players who know whats going on.

Cooool, this one doesn't come up very often.

This is one of the first fabricated layouts I did, years before PedalPCB was a thing. (as you can see from the BuGGFX logo plastered across the board)

A guy brought me his amp for repair and left his pedalboard with it... saw that pedal, snatched it off and gave it a quick trace while he was away. :sneaky:

This is one of the first fabricated layouts I did, years before PedalPCB was a thing. (as you can see from the BuGGFX logo plastered across the board)

A guy brought me his amp for repair and left his pedalboard with it... saw that pedal, snatched it off and gave it a quick trace while he was away. :sneaky:
I built mine on Eyelet Board 4 years ago, It's a Great sounding pedal for sure!

Any chance of snatching up the four knob version?

This pedal is seriously awesome, I hope this demo draws a few more people to it.

Last edited:
Funny enough I remember the guy had the four knob version as well (but didn't bring it with him)....

If I see one available I'll grab it. If you happen to see one somewhere let me know.
The 2010 4 knob has a Clean pot , maybe one of the first to use it for blending clean back into the pedal???

@jjjimi84 - I owe you one more +1 - I didn't notice initially you're playing through a Trinity amp! Did you build it yourself or buy it pre-made? My main amp is the Trinity Triwatt, I built it from the kit. Love this amp, and Trinity is a great company.

(I actually now have Mojotone's "Custom 50" kit on order, that is a DR504 clone. Can't have too many Hiwatts!)

Last edited:
No, not so much that. It’s the sound, it’s similar to something I’ve heard before, maybe amp…
As a huge Warren Haynes fan I know he uses Soldanos and Diaz/Homestead amps live, the era that I love is early Gov't Mule and ABB when it was him and Derek Trucks. In Allman Brothers he was using PRS Amps and the Diaz to get his tone but in the studio he is known for using small amps mixed in with the bigger ones. What is really nice about the Celestial Drive is it does that heavy blues rock thing and cleans up really nice with your guitar volume.
@jjjimi84 - I owe you one more +1 - I didn't notice initially you're playing through a Trinity amp! Did you build it yourself or buy it pre-made? My main amp is the Trinity Triwatt, I built it from the kit. Love this amp, and Trinity is a great company.

(I actually now have Mojotone's "Custom 50" kit on order, that is a DR504 clone. Can't have too many Hiwatts!)
I built this Trinity Deluxe and have made a few changes in it to suit me better. It is a beautiful amp and the kit is well worth the money, the Tri Watt is on my radar but since I built the Deluxe I haven't really looked at another amp.....

It landed one in my cart Dan.
Hell yeah @fig need someone to paint it? I know a guy.....

Back