Champ Stamp BAT48 diode substitute

The Gator

This looks like a circuit I would really like.
I think the BAT48 diode on the shopping list is just being used for hard clipping. Getting an asymmetrical hardclipping with the adjacent 1n4148.
If that's the case, the parameter im concerned with is forward voltage drop @ the current being used.
Anyone already substitue something else for the BAT48 diode in this build?

Thank you
Gator

About to build the Champ Stamp but still not sure based on this thread what to use as a sub for BAT48. Could get one from Mouser I believe but would think there's some diode I already have on hand I could use. Any sub suggestions? Thx

About to build the Champ Stamp but still not sure based on this thread what to use as a sub for BAT48. Could get one from Mouser I believe but would think there's some diode I already have on hand I could use. Any sub suggestions? Thx
"I gotta Bat41 about this..."
Use sockets, then you won't have to ever choose, you can just keep trying the latest suggestions...

The BAT41 should be fine as a sub.

Im gonna socket the clipping diodes for sure. I have quite the pile of diodes. BAT48s have a fairly low Vf at typical pedal circuit currents.
Having the signal amplified more after hardclipping is the key to being able to use low Vf clipping diodes. Otherwise, it ends up like early fuzz pedals. Barely able to make unity gain.
This circuit just showed this weekend and is getting moved up on the build list, as I really like the design and sound.

Back