Changes for PACIFIER PCB

Do you also think it would be possible to add a gain or volume control for the fuzz? Since apparently there's can be a bit of volume drop when setting it to 100% fuzz. Maybe even add a recovery stage after the fuzz ONLY if it's set to 100% fuzz or even attach it to the aforementioned stomp switch somehow?
You could mess with R12, add in a pot there to get more volume out of IC2.1 — it's already at 1M, though; also, I've no idea if that's the "FUZZ" side of things or the transistors are what's Fuzzy.

Alternatively, you could just add a boost at the end of the whole shibang. Either:
- A 2knobjob on the FUZZ using a 4PDT with the 4th pole used to activate the boost-circuit when the fuzz is maxed out.
- An Afterblaster utility stomper-bypass with a DPDT footswitch to activate the boost instead of the dip-switches.

You could mess with R12, add in a pot there to get more volume out of IC2.1 — it's already at 1M, though; also, I've no idea if that's the "FUZZ" side of things or the transistors are what's Fuzzy.

Alternatively, you could just add a boost at the end of the whole shibang. Either:
- A 2knobjob on the FUZZ using a 4PDT with the 4th pole used to activate the boost-circuit when the fuzz is maxed out.
- An Afterblaster utility stomper-bypass with a DPDT footswitch to activate the boost instead of the dip-switches.
Transistors are the fuzz side, op-amp is the OD. If my memory serves me correctly is a modified and juiced up DOD 250 (maybe Distortion+)

New modded clone with a 5th control.
Is the 5th control based on the thread linked at reply #24 ?

Have you tried various npn transistors for the Fuzz side, are they all 2N5088 on your build ?

I always thought this effect is missing a control to boost low frequencies. I usually connect it before a circuit used as preamp, to add some low end to the Punkifier's signal, or I use the Meridian compressor to boost low frequencies before hitting the Punkifier.

I'll probably start a modification thread about it soon...

Last edited:
Back