Conqueror Supreme A25K Sub?

Flashheart

Building a Conqueror Supreme. Tayda doesn’t carry the A25K PCB mount. Any chance I can use an A50K or B25K?

For some reason I have 4 or 5 extra B25K’s. 👍

Either one will work for the volume pot. C17 and the pot do form a high pass filter, the A50K will move the lowest frequency from 28Hz to 14hz, not much of a change and these frequencies are below the audible range. Also the A50K will give you the same feel on the control because of the taper. The B25K will have the same cut low frequency, but will alter the feel of the control. There are some pedals that use the A taper pots and some use the B taper pots for volume, I can't tell the difference to the sound or feel. So either should work here.

Last edited:
Either one will work for the volume pot. C17 and the pot do form a high pass filter, the A50K will move the lowest frequency from 28Hz to 14hz, not much of a change and these frequencies are below the audible range. Also the A50K will give you the same feel on the control because of the taper. The B25K will have the same cut low frequency, but will alter the feel of the control. There are some pedals that use the A taper pots and some use the B taper pots for volume, I can't tell the difference to the sound or feel. So either should work here.
It's not that simple because the volume pot loads the tone control network. Changing from 25K to 50K will sound different. How much different? Which sounds better? It's all in the ears of the beholder. If you want the same freq response with a 50K pot, put a 22K or 27K resistor from pin one to pin 3 on the pot. On the other hand... a B-taper VOLUME pot might actually be better on this pedal because the output is pretty low.

Back