Doxie Pre amp A25k Pots vs B25k Pots

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Im building the Doxie Preamp and im just about done with it except i just need to solder the pots. I just realized im out of A25K pots but i do have it in Linear taper. Is this a good sub or should i go to A50k instead? Thank you in advance for any responses!

In my book its more about the feeling of the sweep than a technical question. Use the linear pots first and give them a shot. Maybe it'll bunch up the effect a bit at the end.

In my book its more about the feeling of the sweep than a technical question. Use the linear pots first and give them a shot. Maybe it'll bunch up the effect a bit at the end.
I went with the linear taper. Since they were controlling the Bass and mids I wasn’t a big deal. As a matter of fact the tone controls work flawlessly.

I also really like the design on your pedal—especially the small red spots and shapes near the knobs—the drawings at the bottom are very tight and controlled, and there is a nice contrast with the looseness of those “splotches.” Are you specifically interested in Japanese painting?

EDIT: Whoops! Somehow I got to this thread instread of your build report. I shouldn’t try and post at 5:19.

Back