DEMO Cowabunga!

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

So I finally got a pedal boxed after what felt like forever failing and being unproductive. I caught Covid from my wife some weeks ago and while she recovered in a week, it took two and a half weeks for me to test negative. I was almost sent to the hospital because my conditioned was worsening, a chest x-ray revealed some pretty bad congestion and the doctors were worried about pneumonia. I am on the mend but the fatigue and congestion continue to be an issue.

I also built a couple Parasit Studio boards which worked beautifully until one of the boards crapped out for absolutely no discernible reason and after 8 hours of trying to find the problem with no success, I realized buying a new board and populating that would be faster.

Wait, this is a build thread, not a complaint thread. So here we have what is my attempt to get that surf rock sound in a box!

It is a Byrdhouse Compressor into a Sole Pressure OD into a Sproing. These three effects are in series within the loop of a buff n' Blend so the dry signal of your amp can be dialed in.

I love the Sole Pressure sound because it does seem to have that Bassman sound down. It breaks up nicely too and can get pretty mean when the level of the compressor is dialed up. Whenever I read that surf tone has to be pristine clean I find myself disagreeing. A lot of old Ventures and DIck Dale recordings seem to have a tiny bit of break up in the guitar sound that gives the surf sound the bite it needs to come through.

The sproing does that lovely spring reverb sound and is convincing. Dialing it back for no reverb while letting the signal through is an added plus.

Getting back to failures, I think I went through 10 water slide decals and 4 repaint attempts because I kept screwing up the enclosure. Here it is, enjoy!

20230930_230625.jpg

20230930_230638.jpg

20230930_230658.jpg

Glad you’re back to feeling better!

Dude your builds never fail to amaze! Love your build it’s so clean it looks like one giant board!

Back