DEMO Curds and Whey (Prunes & Custard)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Ever wanted to intermodulate the harmonics that you generate? Well, now it's easier than ever!

Except for the Volume pot value and chip used, this is built according to the screenprint.
It can do some sorta traditional nasty overdrive with the Mix pot below noon, but that's not where this circuit shines. Start mixing in the the wavefolding portion of the circuit, the magic kicks in. Almost envelope filter like, with maybe a tinge of ring mod timbre depending on the notes you play and pickup selection. It's almost like an Ugly Face that attended etiquette classes

I chose the MC1458 after auditioning every dual I had, and this one had the right balance of nasty and sensitivity for what I want out of the circuit. Some of the other opamps tried gave some cool results, and I've included my notes with quick descriptions of how they differed

I've always loved this circuit, so I was happy when @Robert finally dropped his version.

Recommended for those that like to get a lil freaky, but don't wanna completely drown out the character of their instrument
630abd05-d9f2-4b91-acd5-aa9e273a64d8photo.jpeg 23494583-c241-46d8-b7a3-b32dbae7f5d6photo.jpeg
b56cec86-83b5-4139-96f7-7bfa8912d3e1photo.jpeg

Pairing it with the OctaRock is insanely fun and offers up tons of SynthWah type textures

EDIT- pic with stampydoos
7cdb717e-7565-4bb6-a8ef-390006d14242photo.jpeg

Last edited:
I was thinking about putting it with an Argentum in a 1590xx for an all in one Ghost Is Born box... Tweedy's solo on At Least That's What You Said is a personal all time fave.
Ooh, that could be cool.

Not terribly familiar with Wilco, but just checked that song and the solo especially gives me some Neil Young vibes.

Interesting, I was wondering what this pedal was all about.

Others might have some suggestions, but I'm not sure who uses it as far as established bands go. It's a super fun circuit, though.
Can't wait to build mine, thanks for the notes on the ic's.

Looking forward to your build report. The CMOS chips all seem to offer up a clean bleed, which is kinda cool, and might work better with bass

Nice! One of my favorites, maybe I'll try one of your chip swaps when I build my "home team" version.

I first saw it in a Juan Alderete vid with I think JMJ. Definitely put it after your volume based fx. I used to keep it after boosts and dirts but I now put it even further down the chain after feeding it my wavelord. Very fun times.

Nice! One of my favorites, maybe I'll try one of your chip swaps when I build my "home team" version.

I first saw it in a Juan Alderete vid with I think JMJ. Definitely put it after your volume based fx. I used to keep it after boosts and dirts but I now put it even further down the chain after feeding it my wavelord. Very fun times.
I'm thinking I'll probably put it right after my Opamp Muff, but it definitely loves being fed more complex signals

Tight build! Really dig it.
Others might have some suggestions, but I'm not sure who uses it as far as established bands go. It's a super fun circuit, though.

Most surprising is Robbie Robertson. Now I need to hear a version of Whispering Pines with a coked out intermodulated fuzz solo 🤔

Very excited to build mine too. I've always been a a huge fan of the guitar sounds on A Ghost Is Born.

Tangent: may I ask where you source your stamps and ink? Feeling like I need more stampydoo vibe in my life.

Very excited to build mine too. I've always been a a huge fan of the guitar sounds on A Ghost Is Born.

Tangent: may I ask where you source your stamps and ink? Feeling like I need more stampydoo vibe in my life.
The stamps are ContactUSA brand Pegz stamps, or some custom ones I had made up. Ink is usually Stazon Opaque

Back