Deflector Reverb

That's amazing! Does this mean we'll be able to grab one soon?

Yep, shouldn't be long at all.

Also what’s your recording setup? Sounds real nice!

Right now I'm just plugging direct into a Scarlett Solo and running Reaper with Helix Native. I'm going to have to upgrade to an audio interface with stereo input as soon as the Binaura PCBs arrive.

If I was in the market for a new interface I’d probably get the Audient ID4...mostly because it’s not plastic haha

If I was in the market for a new interface I’d probably get the Audient ID4...mostly because it’s not plastic haha

I actually had one of those before buying the Scarlett. It didn't handle low-latency settings well at all... It's been a couple years so maybe they've updated the firmware since then, but it was a pretty common issue at the time.

I hated that too, because it's a really nice looking desktop interface.

I got the 2i2 about 10 minutes before they went 2nd gen. Great interface but I'm left high and dry for driver support and the last few Win10 updates have forced me to downgrade.

I got the 2i2 about 10 minutes before they went 2nd gen. Great interface but I'm left high and dry for driver support and the last few Win10 updates have forced me to downgrade.

I had a 2i2 first generation that was taken out by a electrical storm, along with my computer. I have a 6i6 now 2nd generation and love it.

I actually had one of those before buying the Scarlett. It didn't handle low-latency settings well at all... It's been a couple years so maybe they've updated the firmware since then, but it was a pretty common issue at the time.

I hated that too, because it's a really nice looking desktop interface.

Motu M2 ($169) or M4 ($229) - super low latency and sounds great

Definitely been eyeing the Motu and the new SSL2+. I better hurry, the PCBs should be here tomorrow. :)

A friend brought over the M4 and I compared it with my RME 9632 (PCI): I could get very close to the RME latency w/o any issues (Win10 i5 older computer). Have not seen much discussion on the SSL latency but it looks like a nice box.

Back