Dirty Sanchez internal switch

Andrion

I'm a newbie and I'm about to buy my first Dirty Sanchez parts; but I don't want to pay Tayda for a custom drill just for the extra switch since the 6 knob pre-drilled and painted enclosure is cheaper;

The question is: can I solder the "tight" switch upside-down and make it an internal switch? It will still work as expected?

Also, I don't plan to use it that much, will be a set-and-forget, so I don't think this will cause much mechanical stress, right? I ask this because it will be hold only by the pcb, and not the enclosure;

Thanks!!

I'm a newbie and I'm about to buy my first Dirty Sanchez parts; but I don't want to pay Tayda for a custom drill just for the extra switch since the 6 knob pre-drilled and painted enclosure is cheaper;

The question is: can I solder the "tight" switch upside-down and make it an internal switch? It will still work as expected?

Also, I don't plan to use it that much, will be a set-and-forget, so I don't think this will cause much mechanical stress, right? I ask this because it will be hold only by the pcb, and not the enclosure;

Thanks!!
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have clearance for the toggle in the enclosure. 3 solder lugs will give you plenty of mechanical stability as long as you don't go gorilla on it when switching.

I think there's also a slider switch that fits the same form factor so you don't have to use a toggle--check the Tayda switch inventory for slider switches.

Back