Dream Fuzz

VanWhy

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
I know there are quite a few of build reports on here but I'd like to add mine for prosperity. What can I say, I love Muffs. I think this is my 6th type of Muff I've built and I have a bunch more in the queue. I built it to exact specs in the BOM. Not much more to add. I'm still trying to get waterslide decals right. This one got squirrely on the corners, but I don't think it looks that janky. And the test alignment needs to be better but it's a work in progress. I do like the white sparkle finish a lot though. All around just a fun build and great sounding Muff.

Attachments

• 20230515_220208.jpg
    20230515_220208.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230515_220234.jpg
    20230515_220234.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 90
Random: how do I know my op amps are aligned correctly? Mine are opposite (180*) from yours, but I just lined up the print on the component with the board. Haven’t connected to power yet. Thanks!

I know there are quite a few of build reports on here but I'd like to add mine for prosperity. What can I say, I love Muffs. I think this is my 6th type of Muff I've built and I have a bunch more in the queue. I built it to exact specs in the BOM. Not much more to add. I'm still trying to get waterslide decals right. This one got squirrely on the corners, but I don't think it looks that janky. And the test alignment needs to be better but it's a work in progress. I do like the white sparkle finish a lot though. All around just a fun build and great sounding Muff.
Graphics look good. I've struggled with waterslides too. I've basically quit using them in lieu of film-free waterslide decals, which are (IMO) a lot easier to apply, and they seem to hold up better along the edges.

Back