Duo-Phase Wiring Question

rundgrenrules

So I have the Duo-Phase all put together according to the "Two Inputs / Two Outputs" scheme on page 6 of the build doc. Based on what I've read and watched, I should be able to plug into the input on the right side of the pedal (looking at front of pedal" and from the output on the left side and as long as I dont have anything else plugged in I should be getting signal and the phasers wired in series.

The problem is, when I plug it in this way, I can only hear a very very small amount of signal coming through. Enough to tell it is phasing, but obviously not a correct amount of signal, like it is 95% shunted. I cant see where I have deviated from the wiring scheme in the build docs. Can anybody see if I did something obviously wrong with the jacks?

The two sides operate as expected when plugged into separately and tested.

Thanks anyone and everyone for any help!
IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

Thanks Barry! Kind of a rookie mistake there.

I guess that would do it wouldn't it? Instead of grounding out one side of the phaser I am shorting out the whole signal when nothing is plugged into that jack. Its effectively working the opposite of how I would want that jack to function? I guess that might also explain the LFO ticking in on AND bypass.

I got the switching jack in and all works as it should now, except for the dang LFO bleed/tick in operation and bypass. I have the wires now routed as FAR away from the PCB as possible along the interior side of the top of the case, but I still get the audible clicking in time with the LFOs.

Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with it past neat wiring and wiring tweaks?

Thanks!

you can try using shielded wire for going to and from the in/out jacks and footswitch. only attach the shield on the wire to the jacks and not to the footswitch.

Sounds like it is worth a shot! I couldn't pull the shielded wire back out of the preamp of my 50w Marshall Plexi build fast enough, it really did something to the high end I didn't like. But I would think the same wouldn't be true of the lower power builds like pedals.

Back
Top Bottom