Dying Battery Simulator

ChunkyKarma

I tried to make one of these but it doesn't work at all. I'm not sure if I need another pair of eyes or if this is a hoax.
It seems with a 5k pot this would only go from being the full 9v to 5k of resistance. On my voltmeter that only ends up being .01v difference which is essentially no difference.
1692473214761.png
This guy on youtube seems to have made it work. Skip to 6:34 to see the wiring:

Here is the one I tried to make:
1692473726954.jpeg

I tried to make one of these but it doesn't work at all. I'm not sure if I need another pair of eyes or if this is a hoax.
It seems with a 5k pot this would only go from being the full 9v to 5k of resistance. On my voltmeter that only ends up being .01v difference which is essentially no difference.
View attachment 54870
This guy on youtube seems to have made it work. Skip to 6:34 to see the wiring:

Here is the one I tried to make:
View attachment 54871

This is the Correct layout, I built a a couple that work as intended.
1692508727964.jpeg 1692509843154.jpeg
Voltstava.jpg

Last edited:
I'll give that layout a shot and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks everyone for the replies!
I'm still curious - does anyone know how the guy got the one in the video to work so well? Here is another vid with the same setup. He even had to lower the pot value from 10K to 1k. What am is missing here?

On my voltmeter that only ends up being .01v difference which is essentially no difference.

There will be no measurable voltage drop without a load connected, are you measuring the voltage with a pedal connected to the output of the sag box?

Without current flow the added series resistance drops no voltage, so you'll read essentially the same voltage regardless of the setting of the knob.

I'll give that layout a shot and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks everyone for the replies!
I'm still curious - does anyone know how the guy got the one in the video to work so well? Here is another vid with the same setup. He even had to lower the pot value from 10K to 1k. What am is missing here?
Different circuits react differently. Lowering the resistance reduces the voltage drop across the sweep of the knob.
I used 5k in mine and it drops the voltage too much, only half of the sweep is usable. Usually the sweet spot for fuzz is 6V. I think mine goes down to 1V, which shuts everything off.

Back