Electrovibe capacitors

I thank you for your reply…guess I need to pull and replace them. I’m kinda new to the process and ordered the parts quite a while ago…I appreciate you helping me in this learning process…

I thank you for your reply…guess I need to pull and replace them. I’m kinda new to the process and ordered the parts quite a while ago…I appreciate you helping me in this learning process…

After a while you start to get a feel for what is safe from premature failure and letting out the magic smoke.

Technically you should be good with leaving all the caps in the phaser section at 16v.

Power supply caps PRE charge pump should be good at 16v but anything POST charge pump should be rated at least 25v, with 35v preferred.

You have to think about what voltages are “hitting” those caps directly.

For the phaser stages, you might have 12v at the bias resistors of the darlingtons but those caps in the phaser stream are not getting that much voltage and 16v should be fine.

In reality, the only caps you should have to change are those “seeing” 18v directly.

I can see why you are a Well Known Member…being more of a musician than a technician, and being more comfortable reading a score than a schematic, am I correct that the Caps in question are C 11, 19, 27, and maybe 22? Thank you again Big Monk

I can see why you are a Well Known Member…being more of a musician than a technician, and being more comfortable reading a score than a schematic, am I correct that the Caps in question are C 11, 19, 27, and maybe 22? Thank you again Big Monk

I’m not sure. I’d have to look at the schematic.

To be conservative I’d say C17, C11, C22.

Also make sure you used a 12v regulator. I know the docs call for a 15v the 18v tap actually delivers a little less than 18v and it’s too close to the regulator threshold and sometimes does not regulate.

The forum established pretty early on that something like a 78L12 is perfectly suitable as those stages really don’t need to be running at 15v.

Back