ElectroVibe sounding bright

Hugo78

I have build the Electrovibe (the normal one with 2 footswitches). I changed R4 / R2 and also C8 and R14/15 for the depth. (https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/electrovibe-modifications-thread.8703/)

It sounds pretty good but I notice a lot added brightness when using the chorus mode. Especially when rolling down the volume, it reacts somewhat like fuzz or treblebooster, where when you lower the volume on the guitar it gets quite glassy.

My clean sound is just rolling down the volume on my guitar where want a nice warm lush sounding vibe. Is this normal or perhaps did i make a mistake somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

I have build the Electrovibe (the normal one with 2 footswitches). I changed R4 / R2 and also C8 and R14/15 for the depth. (https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/electrovibe-modifications-thread.8703/)

It sounds pretty good but I notice a lot added brightness when using the chorus mode. Especially when rolling down the volume, it reacts somewhat like fuzz or treblebooster, where when you lower the volume on the guitar it gets quite glassy.

My clean sound is just rolling down the volume on my guitar where want a nice warm lush sounding vibe. Is this normal or perhaps did i make a mistake somewhere?

Thanks for your help!
Can you specify the values of the changes you made and where you have the pedal located in your chain? What happens when you only use the ElectroVibe on its own?

The behavior is the same stand alone or in the chain (then after wah and before dirt). R4 = 3,6 Mohm, R2= 6,8k r14/R15 1,5k and C8 2,2uF 50V
I‘ve build the mini version with similar values. I only used 4,7M instead of 3,6M but that shouldn’t be related to the behavior you mentioned. I will validate with my build.

Mostly strats with low output humbuckers, amp is plexi. Yes I do use treble bleed but the effect is much greater with the pedal on than off. As I use my volume for cleaning up the treble bleed really help.

I just experimented a bit with a UAFX Lion 68 with the ElectroVibe Mini up front.
I have different guitars with a treble bleed (HB, P90, single coils, HSS etc.) and on some I can switch the treble bleed in/out.
There is a difference with the treble bleed active where it exaggerates the highs more when rolling down the volume. It's less obvious without the treble bleed.

If you set the rate low and depth high on the ElectroVibe you can best hear the vibe going from lows to highs. Do the lows in your situation get reduced when rolling down the volume on the guitar? With the treble bleed off it works better for me. Do you use a clean Plexi setting and Hi input or a gained up setting?

So this seems more of an impedance related question I would guess where the clean signal is affected by the volume roll of?
@Robert: is there a difference between the mini and large ElectroVibe circuits that can cause the large one behave differently when rolling down the volume?

I remember reading that the brightness of the ElectroVibe can be influenced but I don't remember what you need to change then,
I think others can chime in to give you some leads so you can experiment with some changes?

I tried a Kliche buffer in front of the ElectroVibe (like the MBP Harbinger) and it improved the situation a little bit. Placement of the vibe is crucial and it’s best to experiment until you find what works best for you.
Are you satisfied with the gain and bias settings?

I built the adult-sized one, and it took me ages to get it dialed in, so I second the suggestion of doing that; twiddle some trimmers, experiment with LDR placement (be careful, though)…

Back