EQD Night Wire

cooder

EQD Nightwire harmonic tremolo.
This would really spin my wheels... any schematics or tracings out there? I found some hints that it might be somewhat along the lines of Deadastronauts Tremshifter maybe?

FYI the nightwire uses the digital FV-1 chip, as seen in the gut shot.

PedalPCB already has a harmonic tremolo patch for the FV-1 (on the module8 or eeprom builder), although it doesn't have all the envelope control options like the EQD. I messed around with it on my arachnid for a while, and it sounded nice from what I remember. But then I built the 1776 Cardinal Tremolo as a standalone harmonic tremolo pedal, so haven't used the fv-1 patch a while.

FYI the nightwire uses the digital FV-1 chip, as seen in the gut shot.

PedalPCB already has a harmonic tremolo patch for the FV-1 (on the module8 or eeprom builder), although it doesn't have all the envelope control options like the EQD. I messed around with it on my arachnid for a while, and it sounded nice from what I remember. But then I built the 1776 Cardinal Tremolo as a standalone harmonic tremolo pedal, so haven't used the fv-1 patch a while.

I have a Cardinal myself and it is probably my favorite tremolo so far.

I’ve written a harmonic trem patch for FV-1, and there’s also one available here. I tried to set the filters at the same frequencies as the cardinal, and added some extra high cut filtering to try to replicate the warmth of the cardinal. In the end, the cardinal still sounded better to my ears (warmer, fuller). Might be an analog / digital difference, or just need to spend more time tweaking the patch.

In any case the extra attack envelope features in the night wire seem like they might be cool.

Thanks for the input Phi1 and everyone, I might go analog and Cardinal then or something similar. looking also forward to the harmonic Trem that BuGG is cooking up and has mentioned.

Yes the pedalpcb one will be really cool I think. Should be a more straightforward build than the cardinal from what’s been described.

I got the cardinal v2 pcb from 1776, which appears to be closed right now... not sure if thats temporary or permanent.

Back