SOLVED First build Uber Drive please help troubleshoot

Fizz

I had a lot of fun building this pedal and everything seemed to go well. I thought for sure it would work when I finished it up. But it doesn't. No sound with the pedal on or off. The LED does work. The only thing I was confused about was the stereo jack since I wasn't planning on using a battery with this pedal I didn't wire for that and should have used a mono jack. I'm assuming I wired the stereo jack correctly? I've tried the transistors both ways in their sockets.

Anybody see the problem?

For your input jack, you want to use the lug on the left. It’s a stereo switch jack, and you have it hooked up to the sleeve/stereo lug. Put your jack in there and you can see the one that makes contact with the tip.

43F888E7-5351-46B5-B3B6-519E01C054F7.jpeg

In this picture, the yellow one on the left is the tip of the jack. The blue wire gets switched off when a jack is inserted. The ones I have folded back are the stereo connections which aren’t used on a typical input.

Last edited:
That was it.. thanks so much! It was an easy fix. Glad I used the sockets for the transistors. And the output jack was wired wrong. Funny thing is I remember thinking it should be on that lug before I built it but before I wired it, I looked up a datasheet and then decided to put it where I originally did. I should have gone with my gut. Same with the transistors. I thought the squared off end should be facing down and I looked at a datasheet and thought it was reversed. Those datasheets aren't doing me any good :ROFLMAO:

It's a great sounding pedal. I have a 1 1/2 year old Boss SD-1 with SMDs also and I like this one better. The Uber doesn't have as much noise.. the Boss is pretty noisy. In a lot of ways they don't sound anything alike. The Boss does get louder and has more gain but it is too much gain.

I've got another one of these PCBs and I'm going to build it with carbon resistors and mylar and tantalum caps to see if there is a difference.

Back