Fun with Fabric: The Meowdy Overdrive (AionFX's Andromeda Deluxe)

fydo

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hello! Here's another fun build I finished late last year.

The Andromeda Deluxe is AionFX's take on the Nordland ODR-C, known as a "Nashville Overdrive" so I figured going with a vaguely western theme would be a good fit. After seeing some pedal builds with fabric, I was inspired to try using denim. I cut up some old jeans and adhered it to the enclosure using E6000 (a rubbery adhesive that's perfect for fabric to metal) I also used a fun cowboy cat pin (cut off the pointy part) and all the labels were just printed onto paper & glued on.
Here's some photos!

Since I love sharing things to help others, hopefully someone will see this and learn from my mistake: I made the wild assumption that the 6-knob enclosures Tayda sells (for PPCB boards) would fit perfectly with this AionFX board. That is not the case, and so I had to get creative to get it to fit:

ODRC-oops-fix.jpg

As for the pedal itself, it works great! I haven't tried an actual ODR-C so I can't compare, but I love the way this overdrive sounds especially on higher gain settings.

Thanks for checking out my build! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Edit: Updated gutshot with a less blurry version

Last edited:
Wow, thank you all for the nice comments! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I just updated the gutshot to a less blurry version.

Back