Fuzz input stage not working (paper scratcher)

zuboski

Hello, I've been trying to get this fuzz to work but i keep facing issues. I've made a few pedals and they've not taken as long as this.
Right now, the fuzz works if i move the input to after c1 using an audio probe. As soon as I move it to the beginning of c1 or anywhere before that there's no sound. I've replaced r1 and c1 but still no sound. Am I missing something? I've tested other pedals with my current testing setup and they work so I dont think the connections are a problem IMG_2774.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 12
What's up with the pots not being soldered?

Verify that C1 is 1uF.

Do you have a DMM? If so, make sure there is no continuity between the IN pad and GND.

What's up with the pots not being soldered?

Verify that C1 is 1uF.

Do you have a DMM? If so, make sure there is no continuity between the IN pad and GND.
I verified C1. I used a DMM and there's no continuity between the IN and GND.

I've been leaving the pots for the end just in case i have to re-solder something below the pots

Can you clean the flux off pcb and take some closer photos of both sides of pcb?
I was in a bit of a panic and didn't desolder properly while trying to replace parts. Which is why it's janky but I've followed the traces for the parts where I've connected a resistor to another and to the transistor

Attachments

• IMG_2785.jpg
    IMG_2785.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    IMG_2786.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 4
I verified C1. I used a DMM and there's no continuity between the IN and GND.

I've been leaving the pots for the end just in case i have to re-solder something below the pots
Also for some reason, there is sound when i disconnect the ground. Like a fuzz but there's a lot of noise though and the rip knob doesn't function

Back