getting more low end from a Superfuzz

almondcity

Really digging my Uberfuzz but wishing I could get a little more low end. Is there a simple way to achieve this? I'm planning on another build and socketing the tone control section. I assume bumping the 10u caps higher will not do anything useful?

1650474885373.png

10u coupling caps should let all the bass through right? And the tone options, even in a switch vs blend pot situation aren't enough to clobber all the bass. So where did the bass go?

"The problem, which you will face with any octave-up fuzz, not just the Superfuzz, is that everything is shifted up an octave, including the bass. And because it is a fuzz, that means that not only is the bass end shifted up an octave, but there is more treble content coming out than going in." - Mark Hammer

10u coupling caps should let all the bass through right? And the tone options, even in a switch vs blend pot situation aren't enough to clobber all the bass. So where did the bass go?

"The problem, which you will face with any octave-up fuzz, not just the Superfuzz, is that everything is shifted up an octave, including the bass. And because it is a fuzz, that means that not only is the bass end shifted up an octave, but there is more treble content coming out than going in." - Mark Hammer
Yeah I sort of figured this may be the case. I feel like there is enough bass in the scooped side but it may be because all the mids disappear

Have a look at the Megalith schematic, if you want to add some sort of clean blend; or just use a split n blend?

Back