Guardian OD (Thorpy Peacekeeper)

MattG

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I wrapped this up a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting the build report. It's the Guardian OD, based on the the ThorpyFX Peacekeeper OD. I've had this on and off of my "want to build" list several times over the years, and along comes @MichaelW's build report and demo, which pushed me over the edge.

My "formula" for enclosure art/graphics is to label the knobs and find some black and white clip art on the web that hopefully relates to the pedal in some way - or not, sometimes I just pick random images. The Thorpy commercial pedals all have this military theme, which seems like it would be the obvious design idiom for the Guardian as well. But it didn't take long for the Guardians from the game Zelda: Breath of the Wild to pop into my mind! When I played that game several years ago, I spent some time grinding the Guardians to level up Link. So that's the inspiration for the pedal art.

It was an easy/straightforward build. I agree with Mike's commentary, so can't really add anything in terms of tone commentary. Indeed, it preserves the core guitar/amp tone, and adds dirt and/or volume, and has usable EQ controls. A great "more" pedal if that's your thing.

As is my standard for builds now, it uses my custom microcontroller relay bypass.

Attachments

• IMG_7918.jpg
    IMG_7918.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7917.jpg
    IMG_7917.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 56
Back