How to have a 15kg (33lbs) box shipped from China to Canada?

Who is "they"? I know DHL has gotten ridiculous lately (I still use them when time is an issue), but I typically get reasonable prices from UPS on my big and heavy boxes from Asia. Every freight forwarder I talked to either wanted a large payment upfront or they wanted consistent business from me, neither of which I'm in a position to do, but there may be better ones out there.

Funny, I mentioned my C$1000 DHL quote to the guys in China and they said their own freight forwarder quoted them $270 via UPS or S290 via DHL. I guess couriers charge whatever they think they can get away with in the local market. I might just go with the shipper's quote if nobody else gets back to me with a better one within a day or so.

China Post will hand it off to Canada Post, that would be your best bet. Obviously it will be slower but… 😂
Yeah, but I can't just create a China Post account from Canada. And the factory wants me to send my courier to pick up the package, so I'd need an account for that.

Ohhhhh I see, damn!

EDIT: If nothing really comes up here I’d shoot Ken at Gorva a message, he’d probably have an idea.

Follow-up: I got a reasonable quote from DFH Freight. Not only that, but they sent me a WhatsApp link and we were able to chat live (even though it was 10pm in China!) and clarify everything. Seemingly very nice people!

pls find our quotation as below :

✅ 1. BY UPS DDU: 128USD about 6-8 working days.
(deliver to the door,you clear customs and pay customs duties)

✅2.by DHL DDU:155USD about 3-5working days.

✅3.by AIR DDP: 190USD about 10-13 days.
(include import custom clerance and duties,will deliver to the door)

Follow-up: I got a reasonable quote from DFH Freight. Not only that, but they sent me a WhatsApp link and we were able to chat live (even though it was 10pm in China!) and clarify everything. Seemingly very nice people!

pls find our quotation as below :

✅ 1. BY UPS DDU: 128USD about 6-8 working days.

✅2.by DHL DDU:155USD about 3-5working days.

✅3.by AIR DDP: 190USD about 10-13 days.
(include import custom clerance and duties,will deliver to the door)
Oh cool, I'll bookmark that for the future. Those are much more reasonable prices than I typically expect for big heavy things.

Back