DEMO I had no idea what I wanted to do and it sounds like a sick, horny cat.

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

I regret to admit I am at a loss of ideas on what to do for combo builds.

I do have one with a friend who agreed to paint the enclosure for me. I am also waiting for other pcbs to become available. So what to do in the meantime?

Well I took two chalumeaus and ran them in parallel. One has a procrastinator and the other a DOD envelope. It sounds like a very horny but very sick cat that pines for your leg in the worst way.

20230211_231154.jpg

20230211_231206.jpg

Still wanting to hear this beast.

One thought I had was swapping the PT2399 in one of em for an HT8970. It's pin compatible, but has a lower minimum delay time, and gets dirtier the more the delay is pushed

I'll see what I can do. It is very touch sensitive; the procrastinator doesn't responds better to a soft pick attack where the envelope is the opposite. I could have planned this better.

I'll see what I can do. It is very touch sensitive; the procrastinator doesn't responds better to a soft pick attack where the envelope is the opposite. I could have planned this better.
I've never actually used a Slow Gear / Procrastinator. But, I'd always assumed it was like an envelope filters just controlling the volume instead of the frequency cutoff

I've never actually used a Slow Gear / Procrastinator. But, I'd always assumed it was like an envelope filters just controlling the volume instead of the frequency cutoff
That's precisely how it works. I think the issue with putting it in tandem with the envelope is that the envelope filter tends to dominate making the procrastinator side less noticeable.

A demo will need to wait. My basement flooded; I finished sopping everything up but boy am I exhausted.

That's precisely how it works. I think the issue with putting it in tandem with the envelope is that the envelope filter tends to dominate making the procrastinator side less noticeable.

A demo will need to wait. My basement flooded; I finished sopping everything up but boy am I exhausted.
If your able, could replace the Procrastinator with another Waddle Box tuned to a different cutoff frequency and decay time 🤷‍♂️. Get them vowels goin

I feel that. As much as I miss having a full basement shop/ jam space I abhorred the annual flooding.

Get some rest, we need our cat vomit fix :ROFLMAO:

If your able, could replace the Procrastinator with another Waddle Box tuned to a different cutoff frequency and decay time 🤷‍♂️. Get them vowels goin

I feel that. As much as I miss having a full basement shop/ jam space I abhorred the annual flooding.

Get some rest, we need our cat vomit fix :ROFLMAO:
My cat Herbert routinely eats too fast and vomits. He'll vomit three times in a row and always on the oriental rugs despite having plenty of space to do it on the hardwood floor.

I may have a combo suggestion for you.

Two flintlocks flanger (I've noticed two of them work great together) with some 3 positions toggle to shift their synchronization :

1/ when one is at the high end of the sweep, the other one is at the lowest end.
2/a 25% shift,
3/ both synchronized.

Plus a parallel option with blend pot, etc...

I would do it, if only I had the slightest idea how to manage that...

I may have a combo suggestion for you.

Two flintlocks flanger (I've noticed two of them work great together) with some 3 positions toggle to shift their synchronization :

1/ when one is at the high end of the sweep, the other one is at the lowest end.
2/a 25% shift,
3/ both synchronized.

Plus a parallel option with blend pot, etc...

I would do it, if only I had the slightest idea how to manage that...
I can't remember which shop had it, but I thought there was a dual flanger with series/ parallel options. Don't recall if it had syncable LFOs, or if they were just reverse sweeps

Back