Informant

jhaneyzz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
While I think @MichaelW does an excellent job of describing this pedal in his build report:
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/informant-drive-1981-drv.16903/

I think I would sum it up as "A well behaved RAT" or a "slightly more polite RAT" or "the thinking man's RAT"

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it..

I really like this pedal. @jjjimi84 lent me a boxload of pedals recently (which I will eventually return, I promise!) and the Informant really stood out to me as one I had to build.

I really appreciate the trouble @Robert took in making this board about as bi-laterally symmetrical as freaking possible, because, well... I'm all about the pretty gut shots...

I'll definitely be making more of these for sale and inserting those sexy antique D18 diodes and NOT using the green chiclet cap in the lower center...

Not sure the creepy graphic was the right choice here, but it seemed like a great fit at the time.

IMG_7585.jpg

IMG_7586.jpg

Nice curves!!
giphy.gif

Looks fantastic as usual!

I like the informant a lot. I'm waiting on the boards to come back in stock so I can grab a backup. I try not to sell pedals really, but sometimes it happens by accident, and I don't want to be stuck without one.

Back