JCM-800 pedal

Has anyone built the m-800 board before? This one seems like it will be a tricky build for me to pull off lol. The holes will need to be custom drilled and then i goto find a way to make it all fit inside the enclosure while adding the extra 2 knobs somehow without loosing the Jcm 800 logo. Its going to be a challenge but where theres a will theres a way 🤘🏻😎

B7066646-BD7D-4AAE-B68E-922B77719D5A.jpeg

Hmm i wonder if i could use these kind of potentiometers and if its posible to even find them. Comes from a Metal Zone pedal.

F334273C-0CFF-45E0-A737-D532958DDBEA.jpeg

The only reason I need it to be custom drilled is so that it can fit into my design, otherwise it would fit perfectly into that enclosure you mentioned.
OK, I get you. For the lower middle knob, you could use a D-shaft pot and these knobs, they are really small. Or use these on both the pots you want to relocate if you want to minimize footprint and have a mirrored design.
You can also find the 9mm pots at Tayda (if you're doing your UV printing there, might as well...)

For concentric 9mm pots (not dual-gang), and black knobs to fit, I sourced them at Small Bear.

Ohhh, now they come in silver, too!

Aluminum-Black-ind__05676.1628697360.120.120.jpg

Has anyone built the m-800 board before? This one seems like it will be a tricky build for me to pull off lol. The holes will need to be custom drilled and then i goto find a way to make it all fit inside the enclosure while adding the extra 2 knobs somehow without loosing the Jcm 800 logo. Its going to be a challenge but where theres a will theres a way 🤘🏻😎

View attachment 15797
The middle two pots are Mid and Presence, so you could probably set those two internally to keep it a four-knob. I’d personally probably just hardwire the mids knob at 10 since you get a pretty flat response with treble and bass all the way down then, and then make the presence an internal trimmer to adjust to whatever rig you’re using and then leave alone.

The middle two pots are Mid and Presence, so you could probably set those two internally to keep it a four-knob. I’d personally probably just hardwire the mids knob at 10 since you get a pretty flat response with treble and bass all the way down then, and then make the presence an internal trimmer to adjust to whatever rig you’re using and then leave alone.
Thanks for the input!! 🤘🏻

Nice! I’ve used a 3D printer for a decent amount of pedal related stuff but never made a knob I was very happy with.

What kind of printer are you using?

Back