JMK Paralyzer *EXTREME* for my SCHMORG (6PDT content)

dawson

This is a build of the JMK Paralyzer PCB, which splits your signal into two separate loops that are then blended back together via. the knob before mono output.
It's a great little utility circuit!

I've been using an older JMK Paralyzer build in a particular song to gradually switch between a choppy tremolo and a slow, sweeping phasor- turning the massive knob with my foot. It's been working great so far- here's a link to the build report if you're curious: JMK Paralyzer for my SCHMORG

Anyhow, since I've been getting so much value out of my first Paralyzer, I decided it'd be worth upgrading it by adding a true bypass switch that arranges the two parallel loops in series. I tried and tried to think of a way to do this using a smaller switch, but if there is indeed a solution, I didn't find it. I had to go 6PDT, which means I spent $18 on that super awesome switch.. totally worth it!

Here it is:

o2YaqKA.jpg

NHvWlA6.jpg

Now I can run phasor into tremolo!
*I also feel much safer working the knob with my foot now that there's true-bypass. If when I eventually demolish the potentiometer in the middle of a live set, I'll just flip the switch and finish-up in series, rather than being hard-wired through a busted circuit.

That 3d-printed bracket anchors the PCB/POT assembly to the switch so that they don't spin around in there if the nut comes loose.

*I posted the glamor shot first to hide the fact that my etch is way off-center 🙃 :
PpJ5jIQ.jpg

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!

I literally snorted beer through my nose when I saw the gut shot of that switch...

reminds me of my Sun Face clone I made using the biggest knob I could find at LMS.

I WANT a fuzz with this design style...

I can't even begin to understand what this does but me likey big knob 👍

I like the big knob as well- it feels just right for what I'm doing.
The last build I actually went a bit too big.. it took 2-3 foot-rolls to get from one end to the other. 🦶🦶🦶
5CpbklB.jpg

Mega switch AND mega knob??? Seems like a lot of mega. Another sweet etch design too.

Hey, thanks!
It's a lot to handle- I can flip the switch by myself, but only if I get a running start.

qHYKJNF.jpg

I literally snorted beer through my nose when I saw the gut shot of that switch...

reminds me of my Sun Face clone I made using the biggest knob I could find at LMS.

I WANT a fuzz with this design style...

Ouch! Beer boogers hurt.

They appear to have gone madly up in price, but here's the link if you need one of these switches for your fuzz:
Digi-Key

The last build I actually went a bit too big.. it took 2-3 foot-rolls to get from one end to the other. 🦶🦶🦶
5CpbklB.jpg

Hey, thanks!
It's a lot to handle- I can flip the switch by myself, but only if I get a running start.

qHYKJNF.jpg

Ouch! Beer boogers hurt.

They appear to have gone madly up in price, but here's the link if you need one of these switches for your fuzz:
Digi-Key
I appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication... but why would you possibly need one of these for a fuzz...???

BUT a Fuzz that LOOKS like this... money!

IMG_7016.jpg

5CpbklB.jpg

Digi-Key
Fantastic!

One of my favourite builds of yours, and I'm not shy about admitting it's largely due to that monster switch. I can't even remember what I wanted one for, but to finally be able to see one in context, see the scale of the thing as it relates to other familiar items — puts it in perspective. Alas, hearing the price has gone up puts it in another perspective, yeesh, and I thought they were expensive before at $16ish — I knew I shoulda bought one when I first found 'em at that left toin at albakoiky!

Kung-fu kick to flick that switch.

I've always liked your Schmorg, particularly because it exemplifies that it's all about whatever works for the individual builder, as everyone's needs and druthers are different — no question, it's truly cool DIY DWWFY.

Fantastic!

One of my favourite builds of yours, and I'm not shy about admitting it's largely due to that monster switch. I can't even remember what I wanted one for, but to finally be able to see one in context, see the scale of the thing as it relates to other familiar items — puts it in perspective. Alas, hearing the price has gone up puts it in another perspective, yeesh, and I thought they were expensive before at $16ish — I knew I shoulda bought one when I first found 'em at that left toin at albakoiky!

Kung-fu kick to flick that switch.

I've always liked your Schmorg, particularly because it exemplifies that it's all about whatever works for the individual builder, as everyone's needs and druthers are different — no question, it's truly cool DIY DWWFY.

Thanks a lot @Feral Feline!
Gotta' DWWFY otherwise all our build reports would looks the same!

Aw..shucks, you guys sure are nice.
carlton-fresh-prince.gif

This (and the Schmorg in general) is the epitome of DIY. The switch looks awesome and I bet it's got a satisfying click to it

Well done

Thank you!
The click feels so good.
It's a fairly substantial 'thwack,' but without making too much racket in my guitar signal.

Super high quality switch with a price to match- I'm really curious what these switches are used for in the real world :unsure:
It's the only 6PDT I could find so I bought it without checking the measurements or anything- then of course it shows up looking like a piece of the Millennium Falcon.

Back