IMG_6928.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6930.jpg
    IMG_6930.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6931.JPG
    IMG_6931.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 77
Any chance the PCB on the footswitch is upside down? I soldered one onto the wrong side of a board once and that didn't work.
Interesting that you ask that. I don't think it's upside down. The numbers on it are matched up with the numbers on the main PCB. And the way I have it matches this photo from this previous successful build:

However, I did have it upside down first. So I solder sucked all the solder off, removed it and re-soldered it in the correct orientation. Is it possible one of the pads got messed up? The continuity for on and off are correct though. Also, these footswitch PCBs are a tight fit compared to the PedalPCB ones.

Last edited:
Two things

We have a ground bridge somewhere
  1. solder connections on the jack
  2. Input pad
  3. solder bridge between input positive and input ground
  4. Solder bridge between output positive and output ground
I don't see any solder bridges on either side of the PCB for the input "S" & "T" pads or output "S" & "T" pads. The connections on the jacks seem ok. I think. I am getting continuity between the "T" pads and the jack tips and the "S" pads and the jack sleeves on both input and output..

Interesting that you ask that. I don't think it's upside down. The numbers on it are matched up with the numbers on the main PCB. And the way I have it matches this photo from this previous successful build:

However, I did have it upside down first. So I solder sucked all the solder off, removed it and re-soldered it in the correct orientation. Is it possible one of the pads got messed up? The continuity for on and off are correct though. Also, these footswitch PCBs are a tight fit compared to the PedalPCB ones.
You may have o er heated the switch causing an internal short. In one position pins 1-4-7 should have continuity with the row below it, and the bottom row should have continuity with the middle row.

Looks like we're on to something. In the on position (LED is lit), there is continuity with the top row (1-4-7) and the row below (2-5-8). In bypass, there is continuity with the bottom row (3-6-9) and the row above (2-5-8), which I believe is normal.

BUT ALSO in bypass pins 7 & 8 have continuity. That's not normal, right?

And I don't know if this means anything but in bypass touching 4 & 5 makes the LED light up.

Last edited:
Looks like we're on to something. In the on position (LED is lit), there is continuity with the top row (1-4-7) and the row below (2-5-8). In bypass, there is continuity with the bottom row (3-6-9) and the row above (2-5-8), which I believe is normal.

BUT ALSO in bypass pins 7 & 8 have continuity. That's not normal, right?

And I don't know if this means anything but in bypass touching 4 & 5 makes the LED light up.
You’re right. 7,8,9 should not hav continuity all at the same time, here is a pic of stomp board wiring and what each lug is doing.

Attachments

• IMG_2782.png
    IMG_2782.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 10
Ah ha! So the idea is you can test the soldering right away, knowing if you have a problem before wiring/assembly in the enclosure?
Yep, makes trouble shooting easier and removes extra variables. Every builder should have one. Mine came from jmkpcbs before I found this place. I had one for 10 years before that, but I needed something with an audio probe.

I replaced the footswitch in question and I get signal in bypass! Thanks guys!

However, the TS side doesn't have any signal when activated. The Klon side works.

Since I have visually inspected this thing quite bit already and verified the component values, should I go to audio probing?

I replaced the footswitch in question and I get signal in bypass! Thanks guys!

However, the TS side doesn't have any signal when activated. The Klon side works.

Since I have visually inspected this thing quite bit already and verified the component values, should I go to audio probing?
Yessir

Anything in these numbers look wonky?

Here's what I'm getting:

IC1 JRC4558
1 4.33
2 4.46
3 4.25
4 0
5 4.33
6 4.33
7 4.33
8 8.71

IC2 TL072
1 4.16
2 4.16
3 1.27
4 0
5 4.06
6 4.17
7 4.16
8 8.38

IC3 TL072
1 4.15
2 4.16
3 4.11
4 0
5 4.11
6 4.16
7 4.17
8 16.07

IC3 7660SCPAZ
1 8.37
2 4.32
3 0
4 -3.93
5 -3.77
6 3.75
7 3.8
8 8.37

Q1 2SC1815
E 2.82
C 8.7
B 2.48

Q2 2SC1815
E 4.21
C 8.7
B 3.48

Last edited:
Also, I got the audio probe out and I am still not getting anything at R1. Getting signal at the IN pad. Since that is the first component in the schematic, there should be signal at R1, correct?

Attachments

• Kentauride Schematic.png
    Kentauride Schematic.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 4
Back