DEMO LectricFX DC Echo (EHX Ech 600)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This one is 99% stock- all I've added is an FX loop in the feedback path and an expression input to control the feedback level.

I'm not a huge fan of things that play what I literally played not even 100ms ago, but this is actually really nice. It's not dark like some other analog delays, and remains fairly clear through the range of all of its controls. I like that you can purposely and controllably overdrive the input of you're keen. It's a nasty OD, but I dig it.
The range of delay times is pretty wide, offering up short reverby slap backs to huge epic repeats. The modulation also has a wide range, from off to wibbly wobbly

I'm not the best player to showcase these kinds of effects, but here's a demo that features a RingMod in the FX loop -

1000019445.jpg 1000019446.jpg

It's a huge board, but Lectric has some of the best build docs making assembly and calibration dead simple. If you're a fan of the timey wimeys, I definitely think you should give this one a go. It's definitely a nice alternative to the famous Deluxe Memory family

Last edited:
This looks great, would you be willing to share instructions for adding the effects loop? I've been wishing someone would come out with an analog delay board with an effects loop, this would be perfect.

This looks great, would you be willing to share instructions for adding the effects loop? I've been wishing someone would come out with an analog delay board with an effects loop, this would be perfect.

It's a quick n dirty loop, so you have to be mindful of the levels of whatever you put into it.

Lift the lower leg of R44, and attach it to a wire. This will go to the return jack.
Your send wire will go to now vacant hole of R44.
Be sure to ground the new send and return jacks

1000021258.png

Back