Little green scream machine help

allsmoke

Hi all.

Does anything seem like it's out of sorts here. Getting sound in bypass but nothing when engaged. I'm using an A20k pot for tone because I don't have a W20k.

Thank you as always

Attachments

• 20220720_130046.jpg
    20220720_130046.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220720_130134.jpg
    20220720_130134.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 35
Confirm all component values and orientation are correct. Then check your solder joints. Then check to make sure power is working correctly. Also, did you not have certain resistor values and merely soldered two together in series to get a close approximation? I would check those connections too. Take your time while you do the above.

The resistors are not touching. Not sure which solder joint that is. Where are you looking? I had reflowed all the joints before posting, so solder should be good

Confirm all component values and orientation are correct. Then check your solder joints. Then check to make sure power is working correctly. Also, did you not have certain resistor values and merely soldered two together in series to get a close approximation? I would check those connections too. Take your time while you do the above.
I did solder 2 together to make the value, but I tested them in my component tester before putting them in

Which leg did you put in the square pad for your LED ? It should be short leg in the square pad. Carefull beacuse the build doc is misleading showing the LED with the short leg on the right, while the board has the square pad on the left.

1658346122302.png

Square pad on the right above, but on the left on the board below.

1658346142227.png

And for the truly derp moment, I do this myself when swapping pedals around, did you have the input and output wired and oriented correctly? I've lost track when I've put outputs from box to box together >< only other thing I could guess at is those 2 resistors needing a little space, flashover is a thing, I worked at a place the breakers on some equipment had a 24 INCH/60cm arc/spark.

And for the truly derp moment, I do this myself when swapping pedals around, did you have the input and output wired and oriented correctly? I've lost track when I've put outputs from box to box together >< only other thing I could guess at is those 2 resistors needing a little space, flashover is a thing, I worked at a place the breakers on some equipment had a 24 INCH/60cm arc/spark.
LMAO did that just a few days ago testing a new Joyo amp. Wanted to see how my TS would crank it, totally reversed in/out and plugged my guitar in the out and amp in the in. As you know, funny thing is bypass was working... so I thought, dang my TS is messed up. So I pulled a MUF from the same chain to try, same mistake.. so my mind was geez, did we get a surge and all my pedals are fried ?

Pulled a P19 off the shelf, did the same mistake again... that's when I figured, it had to be me or something. Face palmed when I realized my stupid mistake.. flip the cable and of course all my other pedals work just fine !!!

What a dead brain moment !

Back