Looking for some MN3101 clone beta testers (CT3101)

That is awesome! Thanks for all the great debugging work!

Whew. Glad that is sorted, was a bit worried by this one since we did not explicitly test that configuration. I guess that's what 'beta' is for :).
You’re very welcome and I’m happy to help. Honestly, I’m honored to be a part this and help give some type of contribution to the diy community. I agree, this is what beta testing is for.

Hey dudes.

Well, when @Cabintech reached out to me to test a couple of the CT3101's I told them I was just a "plug and play" kinda guy and couldn't give them the same level of feedback as dudes like @blackhatboojum or @Cybercow. Mark sent them anyway so I guess they wanted to know how "idiot proof" these new chips are..... :ROFLMAO:

I finally got around to trying them today and popped them into my MBP AquaBoy Deluxe and they worked perfectly!
I didn't bother re-biasing the BBD's and just dropped in the CT3101's to see if they worked. For some reason they sound a bit "cleaner" to me than the MN3101 I had in there, like there's a tad less signal degradation but it could all be in my head too.

Some of you may recall my travails in sourcing good MN3101's when I was building all the MBP Analog delays in @bean 's catalog.
Super stoked that @Cabintech has a reliable alternative now! Great job!

I recorded a short demo comparing the CT3101 to the MN3101.

Hey dudes.

Well, when @Cabintech reached out to me to test a couple of the CT3101's I told them I was just a "plug and play" kinda guy and couldn't give them the same level of feedback as dudes like @blackhatboojum or @Cybercow. Mark sent them anyway so I guess they wanted to know how "idiot proof" these new chips are..... :ROFLMAO:

I finally got around to trying them today and popped them into my MBP AquaBoy Deluxe and they worked perfectly!
I didn't bother re-biasing the BBD's and just dropped in the CT3101's to see if they worked. For some reason they sound a bit "cleaner" to me than the MN3101 I had in there, like there's a tad less signal degradation but it could all be in my head too.

Some of you may recall my travails in sourcing good MN3101's when I was building all the MBP Analog delays in @bean 's catalog.
Super stoked that @Cabintech has a reliable alternative now! Great job!

I recorded a short demo comparing the CT3101 to the MN3101.

Wow thanks for taking the time to make a video! (Nice guitar noodling BTW :cool: ). I don't think changing the clock would affect bias, so that should all be good.

I took the audio track and loaded it into a DAW so I could quickly A/B compare the MN3101 sound with the CT3101.

1692967024763.png

With some good Bose headphones I honestly could not tell the difference, they sounded identical and both sounded really clean. But then my band members tell me I can't hear worth a darn anyway haha.

Beta Update

Thanks a ton to all the beta testers (we sent modules to more than a dozen people). I know some of you went out and bought projects to build, or finished an abandoned project just for this test, thanks for that! Here are the results that we know of so far:
1692967899892.png

With these results I think we are ready to pull the trigger on a first production run, should be in our shop in about 2 weeks. No commitment on pricing yet (gotta see those import and customs fees first...) but we think it will land somewhere around:

(1) USD 4.50
(4) USD 2.80
(25) USD 1.70
(100+) USD 1.25

Don't hold me to those numbers, but a lot of people have been asking so I wanted to give some ballpark ideas. If we can land close to those numbers it is about half the price of Coolaudio V3102 clock chips for the 320X series.

Quantities of 25 or more will need to be in multiples of 25 and will come in a 5x5 panel with V-cut lines to break apart. This saves us a lot of prep time and putting them in tubes, so helps keep the quantity prices low.

If you have not finished testing yet, please keep on and let us know the results!

Last edited:
The CT3101 is now available! https://cabintechglobal.com/ct3101

Only a few left from the beta tests, we won't make a full public announcement until we have production quantities in a few weeks. Pricing might change at that point depending on exactly how the costs work out.

We would love to add to the list of verified equipment, let us know if you are still testing and what your results are.

Beta Update

Thanks a ton to all the beta testers (we sent modules to more than a dozen people). I know some of you went out and bought projects to build, or finished an abandoned project just for this test, thanks for that! Here are the results that we know of so far:
View attachment 55248

With these results I think we are ready to pull the trigger on a first production run, should be in our shop in about 2 weeks. No commitment on pricing yet (gotta see those import and customs fees first...) but we think it will land somewhere around:

(1) USD 4.50
(4) USD 2.80
(25) USD 1.70
(100+) USD 1.25

Don't hold me to those numbers, but a lot of people have been asking so I wanted to give some ballpark ideas. If we can land close to those numbers it is about half the price of Coolaudio V3102 clock chips for the 320X series.

Quantities of 25 or more will need to be in multiples of 25 and will come in a 5x5 panel with V-cut lines to break apart. This saves us a lot of prep time and putting them in tubes, so helps keep the quantity prices low.

If you have not finished testing yet, please keep on and let us know the results!
hell yeah, i'd love to give you a report

...but still waiting for these lil guys to turn up in the post :confused:
1693815838980.png

Last edited:
ty good sir I had a spare mn3k7 or 2 from a botched(on my end) order from you.. now I can build 1-3 circuits of the old variety chorus/flanger running 12-18v...

We are still interested in any testing going on, or if you try them in some new devices, let us know!

alright!
i know this is old news now, but i only just received the chips on thursday (28 sep) afternoon! 😆

put one inside my CE-2 - no worries, sounds great.

compared to genuine, not sure i can hear any difference. might do an A/B demo sometime.

not sure if i can tell you anything else useful… maybe pinout voltage readings?

Attachments

• 80D50FE6-C4EA-4F54-B28A-F0169A9A5809.jpeg
    80D50FE6-C4EA-4F54-B28A-F0169A9A5809.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 10
alright!
i know this is old news now, but i only just received the chips on thursday (28 sep) afternoon! 😆

put one inside my CE-2 - no worries, sounds great.

compared to genuine, not sure i can hear any difference. might do an A/B demo sometime.

not sure if i can tell you anything else useful… maybe pinout voltage readings?
Thanks for the update, sorry about the slow USPS delivery! No need for any voltage checks.

-Mark

Back