Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

I set the BBD/BIAS trim pot similar to the pot on a CE-2 or Caesar. Adjust for the least amount of distortion with chorusing.

The GATE trim pot is user preference, it controls the frequency of the low pass filter portion of the gate.
Haven't biased a bbd chip before. Is it audibly pretty obvious when you have it set correctly?

Haven't biased a bbd chip before. Is it audibly pretty obvious when you have it set correctly?
It is pretty obvious. Set the depth to 100% and turn up the output/amp loud enough to clearly hear the signal. There is a range on the trimmer where you will hear the chorus effect. At either end of the range, there is quite a bit of fizz. Just set the trimmer for the least noise.

I did have to fiddle with the external gate pot on mine to get a setting where I could hear the chorusing clearly…you may have to play around a little to get it completely tuned in.

It is pretty obvious. Set the depth to 100% and turn up the output/amp loud enough to clearly hear the signal. There is a range on the trimmer where you will hear the chorus effect. At either end of the range, there is quite a bit of fizz. Just set the trimmer for the least noise.

I did have to fiddle with the external gate pot on mine to get a setting where I could hear the chorusing clearly…you may have to play around a little to get it completely tuned in.
You will go down in History if yoiu are the first to show this Build!!! :)

This one is certainly a challenge to find all the parts for! I think I've just about chased down everything, but the BAT48's are only available from Mouser in the US. Any good subs for those that would work well but might be in-stock from Tayda? My apologies, I'm no electronics engineer!

This one is certainly a challenge to find all the parts for! I think I've just about chased down everything, but the BAT48's are only available from Mouser in the US. Any good subs for those that would work well but might be in-stock from Tayda? My apologies, I'm no electronics engineer!
Where are you Grounded?

Thanks for your help, everybody! I ended up ordering a larger case and plan on messing around with a Son of Ben (once they're back in stock) in there as well just for funsies. I think they'll pair really well.

Back