Mad Bean 9mm

DeadAirMD

Placing an order for some funky stuff over at Mad Bean and noticed the docs call for 9mm and 16mm pots. For those of you that have built out these boards, can I use 16mm for everything? If it's because they don't fit on the board, I'm assuming I can just wire them to the board?

Placing an order for some funky stuff over at Mad Bean and noticed the docs call for 9mm and 16mm pots. For those of you that have built out these boards, can I use 16mm for everything? If it's because they don't fit on the board, I'm assuming I can just wire them to the board?
Depends on the circuit and it's control layout, but generally using wired 16mm in place of board mounted 9mm is fine.

Off the top of my head, the Glitchee (if that's one you're thinking of) will need to have at least one pot moved if using 16 in place of 9

Haha get out, yeah the Glitchee is one of them, great guess! Add the Archibald, Current Lover and Batwing to that list. I figured I could wire in the 16mm pots and that the 9's were for space related situations. Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Haha get out, yeah the Glitchee is one of them, great guess! Add the Archibald, Current Lover and Batwing to that list. I figured I could wire in the 16mm pots and that the 9's were for space related situations. Awesome, thanks for the clarification.
Keep in mind the drill templates quite likely work

Just be sure to measure and mockup before you drill, and you should be fine.
The Batwing will require the Volume, Decay, and Attack pots to be moved if using 16mm

I thought the Current Lover used 16mm pots?

Some projects do mix them to get them to fit in the enclosure space but you may be able to sub 16mm in some cases. It really just depends on the project. However, not all of them can be subbed without modifying the drilling. Each project has a .PSD drill file so you can alter them if you are subbing in 16mm. Or, if there is a specific one you need help with let me know and I can try to modify the drilling for you if it's needed. I realize not everyone has access to Photoshop.

Wow, that's incredibly kind of you to do that for me. Need to do a bit more research after work and check the parts I already have in my shop after work before I grab some of those boards this weekend. Really appreciate all the help and advice from everyone, as always. Love this forum

Back
Top Bottom