Mad Professor Royal Blue Overdrive RBOD circuit

The schematic will be posted for the PedalPCB Splendiferous in due course.
If you're really impatient, you could buy it and produce the schematic yourself.
Use your time to write something constructive.
Are you from the "company" PedalPCB? Employee? Collaborator?
If so, treat people who buy PCBs better.
If you don't belong to the company, you should spend your time better.

I asked if anyone had the circuit, I just asked, and I'm not charging for it to be posted right away.
If it will be published soon, great!

I have the original pedal, but I'm too dumb to take the circuit out.
By the way, I have Royal Blue and Supreme (which has Royal Blue), I wanted someone smart to tell me about the circuit or what circuit it was based on, and from what I understand that person is not you.
And no one is impatient here!

I asked if anyone had the circuit, I just asked, and I'm not charging for it to be posted right away.

By the way, I have Royal Blue and Supreme (which has Royal Blue), I wanted someone smart to tell me about the circuit or what circuit it was based on, and from what I understand that person is not you.
Collaborator! Spy! Damn, man. Music6000 was your own personal Google up at the top of the thread. Answered your question, Then somebody else (Stringtheory?) asked about the schematic and Feral answered with a totally reasonable response and now you get ignored by Chuck with that blaster ray of attitude. Lol. Like alienate me, I don’t know shit. The tragedy here. It’s hilarious.

I did use my time to write something constructive, and concise.
Anything more would've been a waste of my time and that of other forum members' time.

I am none of those you list, I am nothing more than a satisfied customer of PedalPCB and a PPCB forumite.

Well as mentioned, I'm not a company man, but I still treat everyone here the way I wish to be treated — with respect, even when being playful.

I don't belong to the company, as mentioned thrice now.
I spend my time how I like, not how others tell me to spend it — and I've chosen to spend a little on you and reply to your post.

I suggested a legitimate way to obtain the schematic before Robert posts it — he's an extremely busy guy.
I've traced an other PCB-supplier's wares — two PCBs to be exact — because the schematics weren't forthcoming in a timely manner.
I've traced yet another DIY PCB-supplier's circuits, because the schematics were never intended to be released.

Indeed, great!
Robert always releases the schematic, so I've never had any desire nor need to trace a PedalPCB board.

I doubt that latter part, but I'll believe that you have the original pedal.
If I can learn to trace a circuit then you could too, it just takes some effort and time — which if you don't have time then the effort is too great and that's totally understandable that you choose to spend that time in other ways.

You understood correctly. That person is not me, as I don't have time to trace circuits I only have a vague interest in, and figure out which other circuit it is originally based on. There are other people who can tell you what circuit it is based on just glancing at the PCB, but not me.
One of the biggest reasons I'm here, is to stand on the shoulders of giants and hopefully get a glimpse of what they see, and then maybe even come to understand what they see. Apart from learning, I'm also here to have fun — and it is fun, which is why I keep coming back, the fun and the information are both solid craic.

I am. Sometimes. Others, too...
...impatient.

Last edited:
What a silly person. I bought a Royal Blue PCB, and because I was impatient I traced it because I used to have an original and wondered how it worked. A unpopulated PCB is really easy to trace. There are no parts to get in the way! And I was pleased to see when I compared my schematic to Robert's that I got it 100% right. I might at some point get another PCB and build it slightly differently.

I really appreciate the help I get here so it doesn't hurt to be appreciative and not tell people off for not helping you. You bastards why can't I understand simple electronics!! Nah, don't think that's gonna work...

What a silly person. I bought a Royal Blue PCB, and because I was impatient I traced it because I used to have an original and wondered how it worked. A unpopulated PCB is really easy to trace. There are no parts to get in the way! And I was pleased to see when I compared my schematic to Robert's that I got it 100% right. I might at some point get another PCB and build it slightly differently.

I really appreciate the help I get here so it doesn't hurt to be appreciative and not tell people off for not helping you. You bastards why can't I understand simple electronics!! Nah, don't think that's gonna work...
What is it based on? It looks like a rat screamer combo.

That's probably about right. If Björn designed it - and it looks like he might have - he has used the Rat a lot as a starting point. It even has hints of the Strawberry Red in it - the way he handles VREF for example. But I don't know enough about this stuff to really say.

I'm thinking I'd like to tighten up the low end. The EQ seems a little over complex for a simple overdrive pedal and honestly isn't as effective as far simpler schemes IMO.

Back