MadBean Touch Stone for my SCHMORG

dawson

My first chorus pedal was a big box EHX Small Clone that I was deep in love with until it had an unspeakably unfortunate incident with a station wagon (R.I.P.)

I've always missed the Small Clone but I've filled the chorus void with other placeholders over the years, most-recently I've been using my SCHMORG-ready MBP Florist which is about as good as I've ever heard a '2399 sound, but I kept finding myself yearning more and more for some good ol' high head-room, low knob-count chorus goodness, which the Touch Stone delivers big-time.

Here it is:

HiWC0zY.jpg

aoSF2I9.jpg

Because there are only 2 potentiometers to support the PCB, I doubled up the wires by twisting with my electric screwdriver:

2mbhTJF.jpg

It's a tight layout designed to fit in a 1590B enclosure and there are a couple less-than-common capacitor values in the circuit so I employed the ol' upside-down trick to make everything fit:

zpGAokE.jpg

In conclusion- the Touch Stone does a fantastic job at the Small Stone sound. Brian's improvements are solid: I enjoy the 'DEPTH' controlled by a knob rather than a switch and am glad to be rid of that cursed power adapter the EHX model needed.

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
SCHMORG

Really happy to get this circuit back in the chain.
Thanks for reading!

Back