Making templates for Tayda UV printing.

ExpensiveDinner

I have recently found a good guide on how to design a PDF for Tayda UV printing(link), but the guide does not specify how to actually create the base template. I have imported the drilling template from Tayda's page, but I'm not sure on how to actually create the knobs and the labels in Inkscape. Any help would be appreciated.

On the Tayda UV printing page, you have the blank templates for each enclosure size (or the size of the layout you should use). From there, you should be able to import the drill guide pdf on top of the blank template. Center that and you should be good to start.
But as Barry said, Mike’s tutorial covers a lot of ground.

Thank for the help, just one more question: how would I draw the circles for the holes and the knob placement like on the guide? I can draw circles in Inkscape but they aren't hollow and I cannot set the diameter of them manually.

Thank for the help, just one more question: how would I draw the circles for the holes and the knob placement like on the guide? I can draw circles in Inkscape but they aren't hollow and I cannot set the diameter of them manually.
You're going to have to assign spot colors and render your final PDF in Affinity Designer, so you might as well just design your artwork there. It's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it and there are tons of tutorials available for Affinity Designer with a quick Google search.

*Edit: You don't have to use Affinity Designer if you have Adobe Illustrator but I assume that if you're using Inkscape to design your artwork, you probably don't own or use Adobe Illustrator.

Back