Marsh Fuzz

Hexjibber

Hi all!

Latest one is the Marsh Fuzz, I wanted some more Fuzz Face based action and liked the look of the extra features with this one. It’s certainly not an all out fuzz but more of a refined fuzzy distortion to me. Definitely has that Fuzz Face thing obviously but the extra controls give it more options and overall it’s smooth and gratifying!

I did have one question; unless I missed it I didn’t see anywhere in the build doc on how/where to set the internal bias? It seems to have a range where it just sounds good and I’m happy with it but just wondering if I should be aiming for something specific with a DMM?

Box is a Tayda UV print, decided to go deep trippy with the artwork, love how it came out if I do say so myself!

C2D7F103-98CB-4769-8249-6DC35E99C314.jpeg 33381E06-1458-474B-8795-C610E05DB55B.jpeg 3506095D-AFA9-4EC5-8296-9FA5E0D4CC23.jpeg CF8EFAE1-B03E-4804-B134-126209DD711B.jpeg

Hi all!

Latest one is the Marsh Fuzz, I wanted some more Fuzz Face based action and liked the look of the extra features with this one. It’s certainly not an all out fuzz but more of a refined fuzzy distortion to me. Definitely has that Fuzz Face thing obviously but the extra controls give it more options and overall it’s smooth and gratifying!

I did have one question; unless I missed it I didn’t see anywhere in the build doc on how/where to set the internal bias? It seems to have a range where it just sounds good and I’m happy with it but just wondering if I should be aiming for something specific with a DMM?

Box is a Tayda UV print, decided to go deep trippy with the artwork, love how it came out if I do say so myself!

View attachment 12714View attachment 12715View attachment 12716View attachment 12717
Beautiful build! I too was curious if there’s a particular voltage we’re shooting for with the internal trim. I’ve looked all over online and can’t seem to find anything. Hopefully someone could shed some light. :)

I think a good starting point is to get Q2's collector (or equivalently Q3's base) around half the rail (~4.5V) and take it from there. I say that because Q2 is in common emitter configuration and directly coupled to Q3, so in order to make use of all the headroom available, the DC voltage at Q3's base should be half of Vcc. More or less than that and it may clip the top/bottom of the waveform.

Back