Mask Audio Electronics Red/Yellow

VanWhy

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
My build for the MAE Red/Yellow. This is based around the Devi Ever Soda Meiser platform. This adds extra switches from the Noise Floor pedals and the switch to reverse the PNP for the more intense upper octave of the VFM.

I've had 0 experience with Devi Ever pedals but I've heard quite a bit. There seems to be a lot of options here but not many very usable. So far, the switch for the Soda Meiser is practically unusable at all. The VFM, which i believe is Vintage Fuzz Machine (?) Sounds pretty kick ass. The other switches for Noise and Choas are exactly that. Just wildness. In the BOM he suggests to mess around with C4 so I socketed it. Ended up going with a 56nF cap. Seemed to give it a tiny bit more top end.

I reused my Philthy graphic because I sold the Frizz pedal and I really liked it. Plus it really makes more sense since this thing is FILTHY.

Easy build. Always good stuff from MAE.

Attachments

• 20230831_130442.jpg
    20230831_130442.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230831_130448.jpg
    20230831_130448.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 31
I happen to enjoy the chaos switch on the soda but I can admit that it's not super useful. For whatever reason, my active electric upright bass sounded great through my Oohlala built SM including the chaos. My version also has a boost switch that is useful in chaos mode.

Edit: Y'all like pictures so here you go. Supposedly Myrold is a name in pedal art. It's been a long time since I read about it so I forget the details but I think they were a zvex painter. Screenshot_20230831_165300.jpg

Last edited:
I happen to enjoy the chaos switch on the soda but I can admit that it's not super useful. For whatever reason, my active electric upright bass sounded great through my Oohlala built SM including the chaos. My version also has a boost switch that is useful in chaos mode.

Edit: Y'all like pictures so here you go. Supposedly Myrold is a name in pedal art. It's been a long time since I read about it so I forget the details but I think they were a zvex painter.
That. Is freaking cool looking!

Those big Mxr are one of my favorite knobs. Not that many 125b projects where they fit right with room for labels. Looks great!

Edit: I guess they’d fit any of the 2 knobbers @finebyfine just posted the drill template for… now I’m looking through all those. I was really trying to skip this board sale too.

Back